Monday, March 2, 2015

ePals

I was exploring the website when I came across the Invent it challenge on the ePals website and it caught my attention because I always enjoy things challenging students to be creative. Under the project page I noticed that many of the projects involved class connecting using online tools with people from all over the world. This creates a network of world wide teachers who can work together as a community to promote and support each other. The schools all looking to collaborate allowing for more cultural awareness in the classroom. For me in a class teaching a second language this opportunity would be awesome to make a connection with a group of students of the same age from a country that speaks the language you are studying. 


I think the classroom connection tool would be really valuable for me because I think it is so awesome the opportunity it creates. This community tool gives a whole new side to language teaching because it allows students to really experience communicating with native speakers in their own age group. If I am teaching overseas this tool could allow me to pair up students learning english with a class of students in the United States allowing for a cultural exchange and the experience to see what it is like in an American classroom.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that this tool or a similar one helps you connect students worldwide since if done with a lot of good planning, it can be a great motivator.

    ReplyDelete