Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Twitterchat a Crazy Fast Paced Conversation

I followed the #ELTchat on twitter at ELTchat the experince was new for me and it was crazy fast and at times hard to keep up. For me I think this will be a valuable tool because while you are there people are willing to help you understand the topic they are discussing if you are ever confused. I believe after i get used to it, I will greatly enjoy this tool. I think the access to education professionals from all over the world with different levels experience trying out new ideas they suggest can make them a valuable resource.

The chat I followed was discussing students taking responsibility for their own learning. The conversation started with a discussion about autonomy for the students and evolved to using peer review strategies and the students comfort level with them. At which point their was suggestions on how to make it more anonymous. The conversation was constantly evolving and at times hard to keep up with but the community was very familiar with each other which makes for intense conversations.

1 comment: